Candidates should have a passion for designing intuitive user experiences. You should be excited to learn about our community's needs and behaviors to best serve them. We want people who enjoy working in cross-discipline groups to develop high quality player facing features. To help us achieve these goals, we're looking for an experienced collaborator, with a will to learn and understand the needs, behaviors and emotions of our growing community. In joining our trailblazing design team, you'll have an opportunity to explore creative solutions to complex problems, and truly make an impact in a growing industry with unlimited potential. Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and associated tools. We want people who enjoy working in cross-discipline groups to develop high quality player facing features. The ideal candidate has considerable experience contributing to gameplay systems, and has the ability to architect and implement substantial systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about player experience, with attention to details. The role requires prior experience developing games on Windows or iOS.
- Architect, design, implement new interfaces and related systems for our projects
- Work with Designers, Artists, and Programmers to create high quality and cutting edge user experiences
- Profile, analyze, and optimize systems on all applicable platforms.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game development.
- Work closely with game designers, game developers & artists to create different game features from specification through production.
- Create dynamic and responsive UI that can scale and reflow to suit a variety of resolutions and localized content
- Work with the UI/UX Artists to come up with practical solutions to technical challenges and ensure in-game implementations match mockups and vision
- Minimum 2 years professional game development experience with at least one shipped Unreal Engine title.
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, or a similar tool for both design and interactive prototypes
- Knowledge of Blueprints
- Strong knowledge of version control systems such as perforce & git.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices.
- Hands-on experience developing for PC & iOS on Unreal Engine 4/5
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or a related field.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization